CS 696: Assignment
Spring Semester, 1998
|CS 696 Emerging Technologies: Distributed Objects|
CS 535: Assignment 0
To Assignment Index
San Diego State University -- This page last updated 27-Jan-98,
Due each time you turn in a programming assignment
During the semester keep a log of how much time you spend programming. Before
you start an assignment, write down an estimate of how much time you think you
will spend on each of the five areas below. While you are working on the
assignment keep a log of the time spent in each area. Please report your estimate and
actual times in total number of hours. You can round to the nearest 1/2 hour. An
example report would look like:
Please put the report
on the first page of your assignment, or on a separate piece of paper.
Programming Task Areas
- How much time do you spend investigating and understanding the requirements for
the programs or software components you are working on?
- How much time do you spend designing the programs or software components you are
working on? In particular, how much time do you spend designing the public interfaces
- How much time do you spend implementing the code you are working on?
- How much time do you spend finding and correcting errors (bugs) in your code? You
might find it interesting and educational to keep track of the types of errors you find in
your code. Once you know what type of errors you make, it becomes easier to avoid
- How much time do you spend testing your code to insure that it works correctly? This
includes the time you spend developing test cases. It also includes time you spend
developing programs to test your code.
visitors since 27-Jan-98