CS 596 Client-Server Programming
[To Assignment Index]
Grading Assignment 1
San Diego State University -- This page last updated February 22, 1996
Grading assignment 1 - Some Java Programs
Answer the following questions. Your answers are to be separate from the code
you are grading. Try to limit your answers to 1 or 2 pages. Please turn in two
copies of your answers. The first copy with both your name and the student's
name whose paper you are grading. The second copy should not contain your
If you make additional comments on the code your are grading, please turn back
the code so it can be returned to its author. If you do not make any comments
on the code you are grading, do not return it.
1) Did the student use good names for variables, methods and classes? Did the
student follow the Java API standard method names for accessing elements like
elementAt() and setElementAt()?
2) Did the student's use of white lines, white space and indentation make the
program easy to read?
3) How useful are the comments in the code? Do you have to read them to
understand the code? Do the comments help you understand the code? Are there
parts of the code that were hard to follow, that don't have comments? Are
there parts of the code that have comments that don't need them? Do the
comments make it harder to read the code?
4) If this student were to apply for a job as a programmer at your company,
would you hire them on the bases of the code you graded?
5) Did you find grading this assignment useful?