CS535 Object-Oriented Programming & Design
[To Assignment Index]
Fall Semester, 1996
Programming Assignemt 1
San Diego State University -- This page last updated Wednesday, 11 September, 1996
CS 535Programming Assignment 1
Due Tuesday, Sept. 24
1) Implement and test code that reads three strings. For illustration purposes
call the strings A, B, C. The program outputs a fourth string, which I will
call D. The string D is obtained by replacing all occurrences of string B in
string A with string C. The replacement should be case insensitive. So if we
A = "Then the cat ate the mouse" B= "the" C="bad"
D ="badn bad cat ate bad mouse"
2) Implement and test a char buffer. The buffer acts like a queue. Chars are
added to the front one at a time and removed from the end one at a time. If the
buffer becomes full, the buffer needs to "grow" (allocate more space for more
chars) so it can accept new chars. Use an array to store the chars. Do not use
a vector or StringBuffer.
3) (Just For fun) Part one of a spider. Http links in html are of the form
For example a link to Yahoo is given by
- <A href="http:web site address goes here">.
Implement and test code to read html text and find all http links.
- <A href="http://www.gamelan.com/">
Each class you write must be in its own file. Turn in your source code and
output from the tests.