CS535 Object-Oriented Programming & Design
[To Lecture Notes Index]
Fall Semester, 1996
Logging Time Spend Programming
San Diego State University -- This page last updated Wednesday, 11 September, 1996
Programming Assignment 0
Due each time you turn in a programming assignment
During the semester keep a log of how much time you spend programming. Keep
track of the time spent doing:
- How much time do you spend investigating and understanding the requirements
for the programs or software components you are working on?
- How much time do you spend designing the programs or software components
you are working on? In particular, how much time do you spend designing the
public interfaces to classes.
- How much time do you spend implementing the code you are working
- How much time do you spend finding and correcting errors (bugs) in your
code? You might find it interesting and educational to keep track of the types
of errors you find in your code. Once you know what type of errors you make, it
becomes easier to avoid making them.
- How much time do you spend testing your code to insure that it works
correctly? This includes the time you spend developing test cases. It also
includes time you spend developing programs to test your code.