CS535 Object-Oriented Programming & Design
[To Lecture Notes Index]
Fall Semester, 1996
Course Evaluation Results
San Diego State University -- This page last updated Dec 14, 1996
1) How many times did you listen to the RealAudio
recordings of the lectures?
|7|| A few times
|5|| On a regular basis
|0|| All the time|
2) If you did not listen to the RealAudio recordings of the lectures was it
|0|| What is RealAudio?
|1|| Did not know how to access them
|9|| Had no way to access them
|0|| It was too difficult to listen
|8|| Had no reason to listen
|0|| Boring instructor, who would want to listen to him again
|1|| The instructor kept forgetting to repeat student questions|
3) If you did listen to the RealAudio recordings of the lectures did you find
|0|| A total waste of time
|2|| Cool idea, but not really useful
|4|| Some what useful
|8|| Very useful|
4) Did availability of the RealAudio recordings allow you to not attend
lectures more often than you would normally?
|8|| Yes, a little bit
|2|| Yes, a lot|
5) Assume that access problems to the campus network are solved. Do you think
it would be desirable to replace lectures with recorded lectures and regular
help sessions with the instructor?
6) At some time after the lecture, the RealAudio recordings were synchronized
with the lecture notes on the web. How much more useful did this make the
|4|| Not much
|13|| A lot
|3|| The RealAudio recordings were worthless with out being synchronized with the lecture notes|
How much more useful did this make the lecture notes on the web?
|7|| Not much
|11|| A lot
|1|| The lecture notes were worthless with out being synchronized with the RealAudio recordings|
7) Would you rather the course cover Java or C++?
8) Was the project in the class too big?
|9|| Yes, way too big
|15|| Yes, just a bit too big
9) Do you think it is useful to have a project in this course?
|20|| Yes, very important
|8|| Yes, I did learn some from doing the project
|0|| No, I did not learn much from doing the project
|1|| No, it was a complete waste of my time|